Autumn booster invitations issued to eligible adults in Wales
The roll-out will begin at the start of September 2022 to help boost the immunity of those at higher risk from COVID-19, improving their protection against severe illness and to protect the NHS over winter 2022 to 23.
The winter respiratory vaccination strategy will ensure that people who are eligible are also protected from seasonal flu and urge people to take up the flu vaccine when offered.
A single dose of COVID-19 vaccine will be offered to:
- residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- frontline health and social care workers
- all adults aged 50 years and over
- people aged five to 49 years in a clinical risk group
- people aged five to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- people aged 16 to 49 who are carers
Become a member
Benefit from early access to content, support in hosting your own events and more with a Public Health Network Cymru membership.