Taking action on the cost of living crisis in Wales
The current cost of living crisis is not just a temporary economic squeeze, it is a long-term public health issue affecting the whole population. The impact on health and well-being in Wales has the potential to put it on the same scale as the COVID-19 pandemic, which had already exacerbated existing inequalities in Wales. The cost of living crisis is having, and will continue to have, wide-ranging and long-term impacts on health inequalities in Wales.
Our knowledgeable panel of experts provided an overview of:
- The latest cost of living data in Wales
- The health impacts of the cost of living crisis in Wales
- Key areas for action for the public sector, private sector and third sector in Wales
- What approaches work best to improve health in the short, medium and longer term
- What support is available across Welsh and UK Government
- How local authorities can use a behavioural science based approach
Contribute to our network
Want to share your work, resources or ideas with people across Wales? Become a member and contribute to our network.